Course Code: MP006
The CMP is designed to introduce learners to the principles of marketing strategies and to develop their knowledge and understanding of the formulation, implementation and control of a marketing strategy which is implemented by the marketing function of an organization. . Learners will learn about the theoretical concepts associated with a marketing strategy and the marketing planning process and its application to different market situations, by applying a range of appropriate marketing activity strategies. The factors and issues that influence marketing strategies and the role and impact of marketing strategies in the business and social environment will also be addressed.
This course will enable the learner to achieve the following skills and knowledge:
1. Investigate the concept and process of marketing
2. Explore the concepts of segmentation, targeting and positioning
3. Identify and analyze the individual elements of the extended marketing mix
4. Apply the extended marketing mix to different marketing segments and contexts
Students applying for the program would benefit more readily if they meet with one of the following:
1. An appropriate Diploma
2. An appropriate professional qualification
Mature executives who do not possess the above mentioned qualification but with substantial experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Student progress is monitored by continuous assessment. A variety of assessment methods will be used, for example, assignments, business style reports, case studies, logbooks, observations, oral presentations, personal audits, portfolios, role-play and projects.
- Marketing Concept: evolution of marketing, business orientations, societal issues and, customer and competitor orientation.
- Marketing process overview: marketing audit, integrated marketing, environmental analysis, SWOT analysis
- Benefits of building customer satisfaction, desired quality, service and customer care.
- Macro and Micro Environment
- Buyer Behavior
- Segmentation: process of market selection, macro and micro segmentation, bases for Segmenting Markets
- Targeting and Positioning
- Extended Marketing Mix
- The shift from the 4Ps to the 7Ps
- Consumer markets, Organizational markets, Services ,International Marketing
Course fees for 2017: AED 2500/- inclusive of registration, course lectures, assessments and issuance of final CMP from London, UK.
The program as per new standard is taught in either 7 evenings of part-time study of 3 hours each or over 2 full days weekends.
Lectures are supplemented with case studies, group projects and discussions throughout the program. Students share their experiences with other students to enhance their expertise in a range of areas.
Students who successfully complete the program will be awarded with the Certified Marketing Professional (CMP) certificate from the UK.
Status of Qualification
Advanced vocational qualification. Students may progress into the Executive Diploma in Human Resource Management or the Executive Diploma in Business Administration.