Course Code: MP005
The purpose of the unit is to familiarize the learners with the functions of management and the various supporting arms of business on the whole. This unit would provide the learners with an appreciation towards the functions of marketing, finance and human resources in the organizations context.
This course will enable the learner to achieve the following skills and knowledge:
1. Examine the contemporary business environment and reach understanding of today’s Business Environment, its various issues and Structure of Business
2. Analyze various management functions and the role they play in achieving organizational objectives.
3. Gain a theoretical understanding of basic concepts in product marketing and their application.
4. Examine the Human Resources function and gain conceptual clarity of the term Human Resource Management and an understanding of the importance of effective Human Resource management in the smooth functioning of an organization
5. Analyse the finance function and gain a working understanding of various financial issues faced by a company
Students applying for the program would benefit more readily if they meet with one of the following:
1. An appropriate Diploma
2. An appropriate professional qualification
Mature executives who do not possess the above mentioned qualification but with substantial experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Student progress is monitored by continuous assessment. A variety of assessment methods will be used, for example, assignments, business style reports, case studies, logbooks, observations, oral presentations, personal audits, portfolios, role-play and projects. Students are graded at either Distinction, Merit , Pass or Fail.
- Introduction to Contemporary Business Environment
- Economic Systems, Market structures and different types of organizations. International organizational structure
- Ethical Issues in today’s business environment, Approaches to Social Responsibility
- Management Functions
- Marketing in Business Management
- Human Resource Management in Business Administration
- Understanding Financial Issues relating to Business
The program consists of 8 weeks of part-time study in the evenings (once every week). Lectures are supplemented with case studies, group projects and discussions throughout the program. Students share their experiences with other students to enhance their expertise in a range of areas, including competency in the common body of knowledge for human resource professionals.
Students who successfully complete the program will be awarded with the unit Certificate in Management and Business Administration by Edexcel, London UK.
Status of Qualification
Advanced vocational qualification. Students may progress into the Professional Program in Executive Human Resource Management or the Professional Program in Executive Business Management.